Happy Friday! Today, I wanted to share another roundup of the best books I’ve read recently. If you’re looking for a new book to read this weekend, you may find one on the list below:
- Sleepless in Manhattan by Sarah Morgan – If you lean towards chick lit reads and enjoy a good romance, this might be one to check out! This is the first book in the series and the next one comes out later this month. The story is equal parts about the importance of friendship and the power of love. It is very lighthearted and has a happy ending. (5 out of 5 stars)
- You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott – This book was so addicting and I couldn’t wait to find out how it would end. The plot follows a family who has invested everything into their young daughter who is an aspiring gymnast. It exposes the dark side of competition and shows just how far one family will go in order to win. I highly recommend this book for anyone who loves a good thriller/twist. (Side note: If you end up liking this book, you may also be a fan of Dare Me by the same author.) (5 out of 5 stars)
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty – Out of all of the books on this list, this one was by far my favorite. It’s the first one I’ve read by this author and I loved her style of writing and the complex characters she built the story around. The story begins with a murder, without revealing who was murdered or who the killer is. It then backtracks to six months before the murder and delves into the complicated relationships three kindergarten mothers have with another mom at their kid’s school. A rivalry quickly escalates, while other issues play out in the mother’s lives behind closed doors. (5 out of 5 stars)
- The Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell – I really enjoyed the suspenseful pace of this book and the surprising end. The story begins with a young girl finding her sister assaulted in the communal garden near their home. It then backtracks to when the sisters first moved to the garden neighborhood with their mother and explores the strange dynamic between all of the neighbors that live there. (5 out of 5 stars)
- The Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling – Ok, maybe this one was tied as my favorite book on the list! I was a little hesitant to read it because I don’t normally enjoy reading plays but after a few pages I was hooked. I loved that Harry, Ron and Herimoine were still main characters even though Harry’s son was the main focus. It felt just like reading all of J.K. Rowling’s previous books. I definitely recommend it if you are a Harry Potter fan. (5 out of 5 stars)
If you’re looking for an addicting new book to read, I hope this list helps!