With the holiday season in full swing, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite ways to dress up casual outfits for holiday parties or even just for fun! Here are my top tips:
- Faux Fur Vests – I love vests and how easy they are to layer on top of a simple long sleeve shirt or sweater. Faux fur is a great way to add a little glam to your outfit. Click here, here and here for my favorite faux fur picks.
- Ponchos – Ponchos are also great for layering and making an outfit pop. I really like the look of printed ponchos, like animal print of plaid, paired with neutral accessories. See my poncho picks here, here and here.
- Embellished Leggings – Leggings are the perfect addition to any outfit and I love wearing them as pants or with a dress. Instead of wearing traditional cotton leggings, try incorporating a texture like faux leather or velvet, to really make your outfit stand out. My legging picks can be viewed here, here and here.
- Over the Knee Boots – One of my favorite trends of the season is over the knee boots that have a block heel. They look great with both jeans and leggings and add a little extra flair to casual outfits. Click here, here and here for my boot picks.
- Hats – From floppy hats to beanies with fluffy pom poms, there are so many cute hats to choose from during the colder months. Throwing a hat on instantly makes an outfit look a little more dressed up and pulled together. View my favorite picks here, here and here.
Do you have any other tips for dressing up casual outfits during the colder months? If so, be sure to leave a comment below!